PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix hdd install

the_noob
12-02-2005, 01:33 AM
ok well im doing a skool project on remastering knoppix. I cant use the hdd I have so I am trying to use a usb 1.0 external hdd. I have found plenty of information on how to do this on the hdd but not with an external hddd. it told me to but the command knx-hdinstall which we are supposed to use at the shell prompt but is coming up command not found. I have hit a wall with this failure and I am in desperate need of extreme help. I was very unfamiliar with this os which was a requirement to the project. any help on this command would be at the utmost greatly apppreciated. thatnks in advance.

tdjokic
12-02-2005, 05:01 AM
Read this http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Main_Page: "Do not use "knx-hdinstall" anymore. "knx-hdinstall" is no longer maintained, use "knoppix-installer" instead."

the_noob
12-02-2005, 04:05 PM
um i tried that command also and that command still will not work, it doesn't take either of them

maxIT
12-02-2005, 05:48 PM
um i tried that command also and that command still will not work, it doesn't take either of them

That's sound very strange and pretty impossible :shock:
Be sure staying working on root-shell :?:

fpd
12-06-2005, 12:58 AM
noob, yo;
I am assuming you are running Knoppix 3.8 LiveCD. If you are not, get it and run it.

1. Start two Terminals (the icon between the HOME icon and the Konqueror WEB BROWSER icon).
2. In one terminal, type top and you will see running processes in a nice format.
3. In terminal two, type su
4. At the root@1[knoppix]# prompt type knoppix-installer
5. You will see knoppix-installer show up in terminal one.
6. In Terminal One, type q to quit top, then exit to close terminal one.
7. Wait a minute or so for Knoppix to analyze your hard disk.

You will see a window with Initialisation of Knoppix-Installation (v 0.3.19.12). You are on your way!