PDA

View Full Version : Proxim Orinoco Gold

genius21
12-02-2005, 05:25 PM
I want to apologize up front for this question since I've seen plenty of topics about this. I have a W-Card Orinco Gold (FCC ID=IMRPC2411B) running on Knoppix 4.0 but it doesn't get recognized. I've read topics about this card and ppl say Knoppix should pick the card automaticly. If I need to load a driver I wouldn't know how to. I am a Knoppix newbie and a fanatic. The more I learn it and undertand it the more i like it. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

OErjan
12-02-2005, 09:11 PM
have you tried the wlanconfig? it usually finds most cards automatically.

genius21
12-02-2005, 10:31 PM
I have and it comes back with (bash: wlanconfig: command not found)

pboodi
12-03-2005, 03:20 AM
configure ndiswrapper first... try the drivers on the disk that came with the card first. then you can configure wlan.

genius21
12-08-2005, 07:07 PM
I'm trying to configure NDISWRAPPER to install the windows driver but, when I type the following I get an error. If you guys see that I'm doing something wrong you have my permission to Slapt me...PLAH!!

root@tty1[#Ndiswrapper -i /mnt/hda2/gold/wlagsall.inf
Installing wlagsall
no vendor
no vendor
no vendor
no vendor
no vendor
no vendor
no vendor

llamuh
12-17-2005, 06:42 PM
im having the same exact problem, genius21. ive tried to install this card in ubuntu, suse, mandriva, and now knoppix. same thing with all of them. its a real disappointment that i cant use what i thought was a fairly popular card in linux at all. everyone just comes up with the conclusion that its a hardware problem, as in my card is dead, but i keep reinstalling XP and downloading linux ISOs using the card so i know thats not it.