PDA

View Full Version : Micron TransPort XT

UselessPython
05-01-2003, 10:53 PM
Has anyone, by any chance, used Knoppix with/on this laptop? I've got the new Knoppix on the way, but tried an older version several months ago on this machine. Everything seemed fine aside from the fact that instead of a mouse pointer I had a little white square. The top-left corner of the square appeared to be the location of the pointer for clicking purposes.

Since the CD-ROM drive on the laptop is in a shared bay and would have to be removed in order to insert a floppy drive, I'll have to see what (if any) my options are for establishing a persistent home directory.

rickenbacherus
05-04-2003, 06:52 AM
You can save your persistent home to a hard drive or even a USB drive although I am uncertain if the latter is viable as of yet- sorry I only use Knoppix as a rescue disk and easy Debian hd install.

Just curious- why do you associate w/AOL? They have to be one of the most worthless companies in the USA. I mean really- look at thier ads- "I can choose which email I want to read first!!"- no sh*t!?! Wow- no other ISP can give me that kind of satisfaction, I better get AOL. I mean really- their customers say things like "My Mac runs on AOL." Seriously tho- how is uselesspython the AOL of open source?

UselessPython
05-04-2003, 01:42 PM
Just curious- why do you associate w/AOL? They have to be one of the most worthless companies in the USA. I mean really- look at thier ads- "I can choose which email I want to read first!!"- no sh*t!?! Wow- no other ISP can give me that kind of satisfaction, I better get AOL. I mean really- their customers say things like "My Mac runs on AOL." Seriously tho- how is uselesspython the AOL of open source?

It's just a joke, really, since the site's name is Useless Python. It's a volunteer-run site that traditionally prides itself on being quirky and at times a little silly. 8)

Thanks for the input on the persistent home directory question.

rickenbacherus
05-04-2003, 05:07 PM
It's just a joke, really, since the site's name is Useless Python. It's a volunteer-run site that traditionally prides itself on being quirky and at times a little silly.

Gotcha- I was checking out your site- sounds interesting, maybe there's hope for me to learn programming afterall. Good luck w/ Knoppix.

Oops, almost forgot- if you really want to learn about using a USB drive for persistent home I'd sign up on the mailing list (http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/MailingList) There are quite a few knowledgeable individuals lurking around here as well that may be able to shed some light on that subject.