PDA

View Full Version : Image won't open

Jon
05-02-2003, 01:44 AM
I am having problems running knoppix.I tried to boot off a knoppix cd, but it did not work and I was prompted for the system disk. I viewed the disk through My Computer. When I try to open knoppix through my computer, windows asks what program I want to use to open knoppix. What should I do? I am trying to open it so I can make a floppy boot disk. I am running windows 98 on a 128Mb of ram, a 400Mz processor, and a 4x cd rom (I know this is not the best system, I am going to upgrade soon). Thanks for your help.

Stephen
05-02-2003, 02:09 AM
When you burnt the ISO did you use the make CD from ISO image option ( or whaterver your program calls it ) it looks like you have just the ISO image itself on the CD. Your more than likely going to have to burn the image with the correct option.

It may run a little slow from the CD but your machine should be alright. If you ever want to install to HD and add some ram to your computer you'll be suprised how quick it will run.

Jon
05-02-2003, 05:13 PM
I will try to burn the image again. How would I run the image from my hard drive? Thanks.

Stephen
05-02-2003, 05:19 PM
I will try to burn the image again. How would I run the image from my hard drive? Thanks.

Check out the Hd Based How To (http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/HdBasedHowTo).