PDA

View Full Version : SATA-Raid Problem with 4.02 (Raid 1 not rocognized)

Eru_Ascar
12-10-2005, 12:51 AM
I'm new with linux and I tried to run knoppix 4.02 DVD on a Siemens-Fujitsu Econel 50 .
But it failed to detect the harddisk correctly. Its an SATA-Raid set with the build in SATA Raid controller.

I have no idea how to get this running. There is only an Icon (like an USB-Stick, that says (Festplatte sda) and i canot mount it. (Errormessage: mount could not find filesystem type and there was none specified)

Edited: I choosed the hardware raid with the SATA raid controller. But Knoppix still finds 2 hd's (sda and sdb) and not the Raid 1 device. Finally I was able to partition the hd's but both seperate and not, how I intended, as SATA hardware raid. It's an LSI-Logic SATA controller on board...

Thx for every suggestion!

Harry Kuhman
12-10-2005, 02:01 AM
If you want help with a problem, you'll do yourself and the rest of us a favor if you go back and edit your post and change the subject line to something that reflects the issue. That way when people searching the forums later they will have a much better chance of fining posts that relate to what they are looking for too and the information can help others. Our forums would become useless if everyone used subject lines that did not reflect the problem.