PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone know how to add eclipse in knoppix 3.7 ?

erwan
12-10-2005, 06:33 AM
Does anyone know how to add eclipse in knoppix 3.7 ? , but not from apt-get, from the archive. As everybody know eclipse doesn't need install, just unzip and run eclipse. I try to customising knoppix with eclipse. the problem is, before i create the iso, just run it from hd, it can only run by root not by user knoppix :( (i don't know how ). When i create the iso, there's a error that eclipse need write access in let's say /usr/share/eclipse/workspace/.metadata. Does anyone have a solution for this .??? :?:

tr
12-10-2005, 08:18 PM
Does anyone know how to add eclipse in knoppix 3.7 ? , but not from apt-get, from the archive. As everybody know eclipse doesn't need install, just unzip and run eclipse. I try to customising knoppix with eclipse. the problem is, before i create the iso, just run it from hd, it can only run by root not by user knoppix :( (i don't know how ). When i create the iso, there's a error that eclipse need write access in let's say /usr/share/eclipse/workspace/.metadata. Does anyone have a solution for this .??? :?:

Sorry to tell you that there is many dependencies with eclipse. If you install it from .deb package dpkg will tell you you should install many other packages, too.

My advice is to update Knoppix to at leas 3.8 version where UnionFS is included - so you can install everything you want and have write access!!! You can give root's password by

passwd root

-tapsa-

baim_lubis
12-14-2005, 07:23 AM
thanx, it's work.