PDA

View Full Version : where to find a help

srbanator
12-10-2005, 09:56 AM
hi all, before some time i posted my question about this problem.

http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21820&highlight=

So i want to ask you, where should i post this or to write an email to somebody who will help me with this.

thak you very much

irlandes
12-10-2005, 10:51 PM
When one receives no help here, try other forums that are more helpful, though Knoppix is sort of specialized. www.justlinux.com is a good general purpose forum.

Next, dig in google until you barf. Try different words.

Also, definitely try Kanotix and other live distros. It is amazing how a different distro may be better for a given machine.

You have encountered the main problem with Linux. Most hardware drivers were written for Windows. Economically, it makes no sense to write drivers for a small number of Linux users, which also means for many the Linux experience is so bad that this also reduces growth of Linux.

That is exactly one important reason Live CD's are developed, so people can try several on a given machine with given hardware, and if one works fine, install that one, instead of messing with HD then finding the distro is one that doesn't work on your machine.

I would say that Knoppix should no longer be one to be tried. The experts here simply do not think it is relevant to install on HD, and only a small number of folks are going to use Knoppix for rescue or family use as a liveCD.

srbanator
12-11-2005, 05:21 PM
thankx for an answer

but i maytbe asked in a wrong way. If you checked the link i posted here, it is about cheatcodes for knoppix. So think this is the right place for question. What i need now, is to ask the right people, who are creating knoppix. (cause i think this thing is not yet included in list of cheat codes).

UnderScore
12-11-2005, 08:01 PM
Have you tried to just enter the psmouse.proto=imps at the cheat code prompt?
knoppix psmouse.proto=imps