PDA

View Full Version : Successfully boots from hard-drive... BUT...

Ewen
05-02-2003, 07:50 AM
After a great deal of experimenting with .bat files and what have you I can now boot from a floppy disk straight to Knoppix mounted on the C:\ drive in a Knoppix folder and it will load my previously saved config files quite happily.

There is only one problem... my burner is no longer recognised and whats more i can't configure it.

When I was booting from the CD (reading previously saved configs) it correctly identified both my CDRom and the CDburner and it all worked very well. I have changed the root password to one of my own. However when the setup screen appears both drives are shown as readers

Can someone provide some suggestions please?

Dave_Bechtel
05-03-2003, 07:49 AM
--You probably left out the "hdc=ide-scsi" kernel parms when booting the linux kernel...

After a great deal of experimenting with .bat files and what have you I can now boot from a floppy disk straight to Knoppix mounted on the C:\ drive in a Knoppix folder and it will load my previously saved config files quite happily.

There is only one problem... my burner is no longer recognised and whats more i can't configure it.

When I was booting from the CD (reading previously saved configs) it correctly identified both my CDRom and the CDburner and it all worked very well. I have changed the root password to one of my own. However when the setup screen appears both drives are shown as readers

Can someone provide some suggestions please?