PDA

View Full Version : Emulator

Override
12-12-2005, 11:20 PM
well im looking for an emulator so i can run windows applications in linux, ive heard of Wine (which i cant seem to find to download), and cedega which isnt free.. i was wondering if theres a free emulator out there.. any ideaS?

sakiZ
12-14-2005, 05:11 AM
It's not free, but it's VERY reasonably priced. I have it as part of my Knoppix HDD install to run Photoshop7

I highly recommend it. I use 4.2 Professional. It runs a lot of Windows stuff. I tried it with Word 97. Ran perfect.

I've also run a several open source Windows apps with it including
the entire Open Office Suite
Firefox 1.07 and 1.5

Plus a LOT of Windows games.

All under Knoppix!!!!

It's up to version 5.0 now I believe. I highly recommend it.

sakiZ

Override
12-14-2005, 01:31 PM
i actually download their trial version 5.0, but i need some help on installing the file.. its .sh and i have no idea on how to install it.. any ideas?

Harry Kuhman
12-14-2005, 06:46 PM
Since you're posting this in the Games forum, it's worth noting that games have typically been the worst area for emulators under Linux. It's one thing to manage to get a simple program written for Windows to display under the KDE GUI (and still no minor feet); it's quite another to also pull off 3D graphics at reasonable frame rates and without serious lag, quality sound, support for input devices, and maybe even network play without increasing ping times.