PDA

View Full Version : Installing Knoppix 3.9 Question!!

Reaper555
12-13-2005, 01:44 AM
Hello,
I just recently got my hands on an old 4 gig hard drive and Knoppix 3.9, and it's a Live-CD. I've read about installing it to your hard drive instead so you don't have to use the disk. I have the 2 hard drives in my computer, a 74.4 GB with Windows XP on it and my tens-of-thousands of files and songs and misc., and that 4 GB with nothing on it. Now, how do I install Knoppix on the 4 GB one and have Windows on it's existing? I want to be able to choose which OS (or hard drive :P) to boot to when I start up my computer. I'm just afraid of screwing something up and reformatting and losing everything on my 74.4 GB and installing Knoppix to it! Would I disconnect the main drive, boot knoppix using the cd and install it to the 4 GB drive because it's the only one that's connected at the time? If so... how do I install it? I read something about typing the line "knoppix-installer" somewhere, but I don't know where....Sorry if this sounds like a lot of rambling on, it's just hard for me to explain

UnderScore
12-13-2005, 03:50 AM
Read this and then click & read the links contained within http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Category:Hard_drive_Installation