PDA

View Full Version : Festival text-to-speech download

wwolfe
12-14-2005, 05:11 PM
Hi Klik Guys,

I'm sure I installed the text-to-speech package called Festival from the Klik site about a month ago. But I cant find it again ?

Has it been removed ? Does it need some maintenance ? How can I get it back on Klik ?

I'm trying to prepare a PC with Kanotix Linux for my Daughter. She will need a screen reader like ReadPlease to help with dyslexic reading.
http://www.readplease.com/

Installing apps from Klik is so easy. Its a great service.

Mit freundlichen Grussen aus Bonn,
Best Regards,
WWolfe

lilsirecho
12-14-2005, 05:48 PM
You may find it in lost and found?

wwolfe
12-15-2005, 10:15 AM
Thanks for the suggestion, lilsirecho. I'm trying to find it on klik.atekon.de/ to download again. Not on my PC :-)

What I meant to say is I loaded Festival on a Live-CD session, about a month ago. I have gone back to Klik several times to try to download it again, on Live sessions and now on a hardisk installation. But when I search on Klik.atekon.de/ it isn't available as a package to download anymore. :-(

How can we make it available on klik.atekon.de/ again ?

W.

probono
12-15-2005, 12:57 PM
What does klik://festival give you?

Greetings,
probono

wwolfe
12-16-2005, 07:00 PM
Hi probono,

This is very strange. :? I saw your post lastnight, I started a Live-CD session and I clicked on klik://festival and it looked like it was going to download. :-) I saw the first dialog box to confirm "you requested to download". But I didn't have time to fire up my hardisk installed PC and make the installation, so I quit at that point.

Now I have some time, but there is a problem. When I put klik://festival in the location of Koqueror, or click on the link, I get an Error dialog box that says

Error while trying to run festival

:?
Did you do something on the servers to restore this package yesterday ? Can I do anything to help ?

regards, W.

probono
12-17-2005, 09:01 PM
Somehow we have a bug at the moment that affects most packages, it should hopefully be fixed soon.

Greetings,
probono

probono
12-18-2005, 10:12 AM
fixed :O)

MethodOne
12-19-2005, 03:21 AM
This morning at 11:00 AM CST, I was downloading some of the games just fine. Now the error occurs at 8:00 PM CST.

probono
12-19-2005, 01:54 PM
Yes, we had the same error again. Fixed again, but looking for a permanent solution :O)