PDA

View Full Version : How to select drives?

Israel
12-19-2005, 04:24 PM
How do you open a drive in Knoppix? I know in Windoze you would go to run and type "E:" or "D:" I assume this is probably something via command line in Linux but I couldn't find it googling. Could anyone fill me in?

Israel
12-20-2005, 05:39 AM
Ok, its been 24 hours and no has told me how to select the "D:" drive. I just want to be able to open my zip drive(e: drive). Anybody out there?

UnderScore
12-20-2005, 08:30 AM
Insert the zip disk into the drive & then boot up knoppix. There should be an icon on the desktop for the device. Click it & it will be a graphical file manager.

Israel
12-25-2005, 06:23 AM
Ok, I'm running knoppix on Virtual Pc. For some reason its not detecting my zip on start up like when I run it directly. Is there no way to just select the D or E drive manually? What about when you have it installed, how do you select the D drive then?

foamrotreturns
12-25-2005, 10:21 AM
You are running Knoppix in a virtual environment and you expect it to be able to see physical drives?
You must consult the instructions on how to do this with your virtual PC software - it's not a knoppix issue.

Israel
12-25-2005, 12:44 PM
It works with Linux Mepis (booting with the zip plugged in) That means its not a Virtual Pc issue. Is there no way to select a drive in Linux? I know I'm a noob but I'm sure this can be done but I'm not getting clear answers here.