PDA

View Full Version : changing settings in Knoppix

redx1987
12-30-2005, 09:10 PM
:) here is my delema. I loaded Knoppix and altered my settings in Widows to load from the CD drive. Well that seems good except now i can not go back to windows. I change the settings in the (load boot) and (operating) of windows. Anyway i went through Knoppix and found access to the Windows settings and tried to change them. I saved the changes and it gave me an error for not having the access to change the settings. So then i went back to the folder the data is stroed and tried to change the "read only" to read and write. Saved it and it gave ma yet another error for not having access to change the these settings. SO the question would be did i miss something to alow me to change these settings?

Harry Kuhman
12-30-2005, 09:21 PM
:) here is my delema. I loaded Knoppix and altered....
What do you mean by "loaded"? Did you boot Knoppix from a CD or DVD? That will not harm your hard disk at all. Did you then do something to the hard disk after booting, including changing the default read-only access to read-write? If so, can you tell us what?

Did you "install" Knoppix to the hard disk? I'm assuming that you didn't, since you likely would have posted this question in the hard diak install forum then, but it seems worth asking. And if you did we need to know what steps you took and if you left any trace of Windows there at all.

dakky21
12-31-2005, 01:31 AM
Most likely youre drives (partitions) are in NTFS system and Knoppix doesn't have write support for NTFS.... it can only read AFAIK