PDA

View Full Version : Knoppix 4.0.2 & Orinoco Classic Gold Card.

assiduus
01-06-2006, 02:39 PM
Hello.

I spent the last 30 minutes running through any post I could find using "Orinoco" word in the search field in the Networking section. Still, I cannot get my Orinoco card working (at all) on Knoppix 4.0.2. I actually have two Wi-Fi cards in my notebook. One which I do not use (because I simply cannot attach an external antenna to it) is Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG and the second one is of course Orinoco. Now, the problem I get applies to the second one only. Intel gets through the configuration command: iwconfig eth1 essid "mySID" mode managed channel 11 key s:private quite well but as I mentioned I cannot connect to the AP because without an external antenna the singal is just too low. When I try the same trick with Orinoco I get: Error for wireless request "Set Frequency" (8B04): SET failed on device eth0; Device or resource busy. I cannot recall it exactly but I guess that the only difference between the cards entries in iwconfig was that one got all the parameters mentioned in a few posts I read: AP 44:44:44, name or nickname HERMES, etc. and the second one had nothing like that. I would appreciate some responds but I will still live if no one comments...;)

Cheers,