PDA

View Full Version : Floppy runs out of space

chipyoung
01-08-2006, 10:09 PM
I am running Knoppix live and loving it. I am having a problem when trying to save my configuration information when I boot using "knoppix floppy config". When I try to save my Knoppix configuation to floppy I run out of space. I want to keep all my settings that I had to work for. Any work arounds for this problem? Thank you in advance.
Chip

OErjan
01-09-2006, 05:08 PM
do you have a USB stick? you can use that (if your computer has USB that is) to save configs and content of your /home folder, i have a 120G external HDD that i use for that sometimes.

chipyoung
01-09-2006, 07:53 PM
No I don't. I thought since I was using "knoppix floppyconfig" that I would have to save it on floppy. Is there another command to point to the hard drive or the usb device to save the congig while running knoppix live?

OErjan
01-09-2006, 08:41 PM
there is, several ways, check the "penguin" menu, there yoiu find save config and permanent home...
if you use them you wil be asked to select a writable media, (make sure the disk is NOT ntfs), fat32, fat16, fat12 will work ok. so will any linux partition
just remount them read write (right click on the drive icon and select action "remount read/write" or some such...).
I am not on knoppix just now, so no detailed answers, sorry.