PDA

View Full Version : my modem is stuck in "initializing"

chatoloco
01-12-2006, 06:50 AM
hi everyboy, quite new to all hi , so im using the knoppix 3.7 and i like it but i just cant get it to connet to the internet, i have

identifie my modem and done the configurations as i think they should go but i just cant get it to work, it start and everithing

but as it initializes it just gets stuck there for ever and i cand igure it out, can anyone out there help me out with this or any

one whos had a similar problem i have an internal Agere Systems PCI Soft Modem and using a Compaq Presario SR1110NX,

hope any one can help

tdjokic
01-12-2006, 11:48 AM
i have identifie my modem and done the configurations as i think they should go but i just cant get it to work, What did you do - installed driver or setup kppp? People usually think that by kppp setup modem will work. You can also try Mepis or Kanotix - they have integrated suport for some modems, maybe your modem is suported without any drivers etc.

Kurumin as well - it is on portuguese only, based on Knoppix and Kanotix - I don't speak portuguese but I use Kurumin, it is so good! I hope you understand port. better than I? It has a planty of help, explanation and everything. Please, visit its site Kurumin (http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=kurumin)

chatoloco
01-12-2006, 08:42 PM
well it used the kppp to set up the conection but it just wont get it, i also tried with DSL but got the same results, is there a wy to put the modem diricer in the iso?

chatoloco
01-12-2006, 08:56 PM
i getting the kurumin, by any chance do you know of a cheat to change the language or can it be change with the dsktop wizard that changes the whole thing just like in knoppix?

tdjokic
01-13-2006, 12:54 AM
well it used the kppp to set up the conection but it just wont get it, i also tried with DSL but got the same results, is there a wy to put the modem diricer in the iso?
As far as I know, there is NOT drivers for winmodems in Knoppix in ISO. So, kppp can't help much without drivers.

I didn't try to change language in Kurumin. It has meny scripts to help user to setup many things, and this is a big problem for translation. For now, it is only in portuguese as a system, maybe you can change language for some aplication (Open Office?), realy don't know.

chatoloco
01-13-2006, 03:10 AM
thanks., for now ill keep tring to see wasup with tehm kppp, i read in a manual that it seems that even when knoppix has a lot of software deteccion that the modems is one that as fallen behind,