PDA

View Full Version : small problemo

seanl
01-13-2006, 02:10 AM
I loaded Knoppix (Debian) on my new Dell PC. Everything went ok...although it looked like my screen resolution was set a bit low. I went to the terminal and typed in the new screen resolution. Apon re-booting, I get a bunch of squiggly lines on my monitor. Now obviously I can not see to "get back in" to change the resolution back. When I re-boot, I hit "E" and get the GRUB> prompt. How can I get back to root to type in origional screen settings. I can still boot and run knoppix off of the dvd....but when I change the settings in the terminal window there... I guess it does not "remember" the setting so when I re-boot I am back to squigly lines.

Any help would be appreciated. I have a 19 inch digital flat screen monitor and sure would like to be able to use it at the higher resoltions....

Sorry for such a N00B question...but I'm kinda excited and really want to get Knoppix (Debian) back upand running as it is the first distro out of like 10....that actually did WORK (for a while :) on my pooter.

Harry Kuhman
01-13-2006, 02:45 AM
:!: