PDA

View Full Version : ND HELP TRANSFERRING FILES FROM LAPTOP TO USB DRIVE

deetramm
01-13-2006, 09:46 PM
My windows crashed, therefore I attempting to use Knoppix (which I like) t tranfer some critical files off of before send the machine for repairs.
a. When I instered a Quickidrive into the usb (unchecked it as read only) then it said it could not mount the drive?
2. then I inserted a flash drive into the USB which it mounted, but I cannot transferr my files from my laptop to the flash drive either I keep geting an error message that knoppix cannot make a folder for the file I am attempting to transfer on the flash drive.
I really nd help to get these file off my machine.
THANKS in advance for anyone's help and prompt response :roll:

deetramm
01-13-2006, 10:31 PM
Whn I tried to mount the QuickiDrive I got a error mssg that said :mount:no medimun found" what does this mean and how can it be corrected?

Harry Kuhman
01-13-2006, 10:36 PM
Knppx mnts prttns s rd nly by dflt fr sfty rsns. Pnt t th prttn cn nd rght clck nd s th ctns sb-mn t mk th prttn rd-wrt.

deetramm
01-14-2006, 06:08 AM
you wrote - Pnt t th prttn cn nd rght clck nd s th ctns sb-mn t mk th prttn rd-wrt.
I can't understand what you are saying, can you explain a little more clearly? thankx :D

Harry Kuhman
01-14-2006, 07:31 AM
you wrote - Pnt t th prttn cn nd rght clck nd s th ctns sb-mn t mk th prttn rd-wrt.
I can't understand what you are saying, can you explain a little more clearly? thankx :D
Oh, I thought we were leaving vowels out of our posts now.
Knoppix mounts partitions as read only by default for safety reasons. Point to the partition icon and right click and use the actions sub-menu to make the partition read-write.

deetramm
01-14-2006, 07:48 AM
thank you! i'll try it and let you know

deetramm
01-17-2006, 09:44 PM
when I rebooted w/ Knoppix and tried to mount the Quickdrive i revd an error message saying and I quote " I could not determine the filesystem type and none was specified" I saw on the properties tab thst the file system was automatic.
btw - I unchecked the read-only tab and made the drive read/write

foamrotreturns
01-19-2006, 07:53 PM
Oh, I thought we were leaving vowels out of our posts now.
LOL you crack me up Harry. :D