PDA

View Full Version : Load Cisco VPN client kernel module?

probono
05-04-2003, 03:04 AM
Hi all,

in order to access my school's wireless LAN, I need to use the Cisco VPN Client ("vpnclient connect..."). However, the client needs a kernel module to be loaded. I thought I could compile the kernel module on a hd-installed knoppix and then use it for knoppix running from CD.

Has anyone managed to load this module in Knoppix running from CD?

If no, has anyone managed to load *any* kernel module in Knoppix running from CD? Any hints are appreciated.

Thanks,
probono

StephenB
05-23-2003, 03:28 AM
I am trying to build a remastered knoppix that supports both the Cisco VPN and Citrix. Will let you know how I go.

probono
06-08-2003, 11:32 PM
I am trying to build a remastered knoppix that supports both the Cisco VPN and Citrix. Will let you know how I go.That's great Stephen. But still I wonder whether modules like this can be loaded "on demand" w/o remastering. (The real problem with remastering is that you can hardly keep pace with all the new Knoppix versions coming out...) As for Citrix, it should definitely run w/o remastering.

jdespres
07-27-2003, 12:22 AM
Yes I would like to remaster and add the cisco vpn client plus change the kernel to support the cisco client.

seth
08-17-2003, 09:44 PM
Info: Citrix (ICA Client versin 7.00) is working in Knoppix release V3.2-2003-07-26 without problems. I only needed to use alien to convert RPM into DEB + download from debian and install library libXaw6.so.

Cheers, seth.

Cholera
10-20-2003, 02:16 PM
Hi!
i youst read your postings and would like to ask if there is anything finished with an vpn client integrated...
thx for answers..