PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Reader

harryhood
01-15-2006, 05:31 AM
Hi,

Why would Adobe Reader stop working on Kanotix 2005-04? I get a error message saying it's not a cramfs, iso...
type file.

drb
01-15-2006, 09:44 AM
Works fine with 2005-04 installed (although some printing problems). I had to use a workaround as LiveCD (reinstall click clieny, change fstabentries from mnt to tmp).

drb

probono
01-15-2006, 10:41 AM
Kanotix 2005-05 introduces a new way of mounting cmg files called "FUSE". While this works well for those (most) cmg files that use the "cramfs" filesystem, there is still a bug that prevents "zisofs"-based cmg files (currently only Acrobat Reader and OpenOffice.org) from being mounted correctly.

The temporary workaround is to install the klik client manually and set up fstab (i.e. to use conventional fstab-based mounting instead of FUSE)

Greetings,
probono

harryhood
01-15-2006, 04:23 PM
Thanks guys. Too bad there isn't a way to "re-CMG" the file to cramfs. Why would zisofs be used anyhow?

probono
01-18-2006, 09:07 AM
Cramfs cannot be used if any file inside the cmg is larger than 16 MB (which rarely any real-world application file is). Hence, you cannot convert ar7l.cmg to a cramfs-based cmg, but you can unpack it to an AppDir:

su
mkdir /mnt/test
mount ~/Desktop/ar7l.cmg /mnt/test -o loop
cp -a /mnt/test ~/Desktop/ar7l
umount /mnt/test

The result is an AppDir, you can launch it by clicking on the "wrapper" file inside.

Greetings,
probono

harryhood
01-29-2006, 12:31 AM
I was able to get it to work by mounting the cmg but I "installed" it to sdb1 using Krusader in root mode and making a small script
to run acroread. I could not cp -a/mnt/test due to an error, but Krusader worked fine. It would not let me copy the wrapper symlink
so i made the script.
Can this be done to all cmg files?

Thank You for helping!