PDA

View Full Version : KnoppMyth R5A30.1 install setup modem, howto

morgan
01-16-2006, 01:55 AM
I am using KnoppMyth R5A30.1
I read the forums ( ex. knoppmyth dial-out HOWTO) trying to figure out how to reach a screen to enter the phone number, user name and password of my isp, on a dial up modem. But no luck.
the forum was located at
http://mysettopbox.tv/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3346&highlight=modem&sid=876be619f0c1991afb6f345545a508e4

That forum talks about how to set up the modem on knoppix , but KnoppMyth seems to use a different gui.

Any help would be greatley apreciated.

Everything seems to be working on my machine so far that I have tried.
I am using an Emachines T3406, intel celeron 340, 56k itu v.92 ready fax/modem, 80 gig, intel extreme graphics2 3d, 256mb ram
I have not tried plugging a video source yet into my capture card (avermedia avertv) to see if it works.

I know very little about Linux. Step by step instructions on how to get to each screen might be the only way that I would understand the intructions given to me.

Thankyou,
Morgan

tdjokic
01-16-2006, 03:00 AM
I don't know nothing about KnoppMyth. Some distribution have integrated support for some winmodems "out of the box" (Mepis, Kanotix, Kurumin...) and you can use this winmodems at once. Other need drivers to be install first, which is somewhat dificult job to do.

After that, you go to kppp, which has diferent name from distribution to distribution, and there you setup your user name, password and tel.number of IP.

External, serial modems work w/o drivers, at every OS, be it MS Win or Linux or BSD.

Harry Kuhman
01-16-2006, 03:15 AM
Your duplicate post in the General forum has been removed. Please do not post in multiple groups to get extra attention, it is considered spamming the forums. I would have thought that this would have been a better fit in the Other Live CDs forum or the Networking forum, but I'll respect your choice to put it here instead. Not having used the distro that you are having problems with I can't offer any other help, sorry.