PDA

View Full Version : Permanent Swap File in Hard disk for Knoppix

bongski55
05-04-2003, 08:04 AM
I read this about Demo Linux:

By default DemoLinux runs from a ram disk loaded from the CD and it uses no swap file. You can set up a swap file and allocate some permanent filesystem space for DemoLinux to use on one of your hard drive partitions. Click the 'Anchor' icon on your Desktop and follow the on-screen prompts to set this up. By allocating some filesystem space in this way, you;ll able to store data permanently and to install extra software should you need to.

It seems this distro is similar to knoppix?
So how to do this swap file setup in knoppix? Step by step please.
thank you!

Dave_Bechtel
05-04-2003, 10:39 AM
' mkdosswapfile ' as root.

I read this about Demo Linux:

By default DemoLinux runs from a ram disk loaded from the CD and it uses no swap file. You can set up a swap file and allocate some permanent filesystem space for DemoLinux to use on one of your hard drive partitions. Click the 'Anchor' icon on your Desktop and follow the on-screen prompts to set this up. By allocating some filesystem space in this way, you;ll able to store data permanently and to install extra software should you need to.

It seems this distro is similar to knoppix?
So how to do this swap file setup in knoppix? Step by step please.
thank you!

bongski55
05-06-2003, 08:04 AM
:?:

I did a search of this forum and found posts that mentions about a "configure swap file" on the menu. I am using knoppix 3.2 04-10 and cannot find this swap config menu.

Where is it? Otherwise do I have to do it manually as in the shell? How?

bongski55
05-06-2003, 05:50 PM
okay i got it.thanks anyway