PDA

View Full Version : Yet another Intel PRO/Wireless 2100 3B Mini PCI problem

tjajab
01-19-2006, 01:45 PM
Hi all,

I'm trying to get my wireless network card working with knoppix 4.0. I tried the
#wlcardconfig
and
#pump -i eth0

and it works fine, i.e. I get connected to my router and I even get an ip address.

Unfortunately, I can't get my web browser to work. When I launch the graphical Wifi configuration manager it seems as if I am connected (the bar is all green), I have an ip address, but there is a large question mark on the card and it says "UNKNOWN" below. Also, when I look in my router settings, I see my network card MAC address, and it says Wireless, Unknown.

I also cannot ping my router (192.168.1.1)

Does anyone have an idea what to do?

I also have another question, if I would connect with my wired network card, how does the web browser know which connection to use? (The wired or the wireless)

tjajab
01-21-2006, 01:02 PM
Hello everybody,
I finally got my wireless adapter working, but in a very strange way. I tried booting knoppix with the network cord put in, and ran
# pump -i eth1
which worked fine. Now the internet worked, though with a wired connection. I then ran
# wlcardconfig
and then
# route del default gw 192.168.1.1 eth1
# route add default gw 192.168.1.1 eth0
and took the network cord out. Now the wireless Internet worked!? I have still no idea why the normal procedure
# wlcardconfig
# pump -i eth0
did not work, I think it is about the same thing?

Best regards,
Andreas