PDA

View Full Version : Config USB printer (Epson 880)

chada
05-06-2003, 01:15 AM
To illustrate how simple some of us are:
With rough installation to hdd complete, I've been struggling to learn the "right" way to set up my printer. Last couple of days, I've been failing to find on mydesktop the Knoppix menu leading to the print wizard. Wasn't smart enough to find it in the KDE menu !!
An hour ago, I scoured the "docs" list here, and copied the Printer How To (Cedric Shock & Susan Sullivan). Followed their clear, simple instructions, and have already printed a page typed in Open Office. Wunderbar !
---------------------------------
While my hdd installation is on the same rig, I've done this config with the CD mounted.Please:how do I now transfer this config to my hdd setup ?
TIA,
Chada

rickenbacherus
05-06-2003, 10:30 PM
---------------------------------
While my hdd installation is on the same rig, I've done this config with the CD mounted.Please:how do I now transfer this config to my hdd setup ?
TIA,
Chada

Anytime you want to edit something from the hdd you can always mount the hard drive, change it to read/write and edit whatever file you like and then save it of course.

chada
05-13-2003, 07:28 PM
Thanks, Rickenbacherus.
Surely, the worst taxation of all is the taxation of one's patience. I've taken a week trying to avoid taxing yours, saying: "I don't understand". Mount hdd: can do. Change to read/write: can do. How and where to plant the configuration file to make the printer serve my hdd setup: don't understand.
Would some kind soul please write an addendum to Shock &Sullivan's Printer How To explaining how to do this ?
Chada