PDA

View Full Version : Trouble connecting using Aztech Turbo DSL 100U

Rivenx
02-06-2006, 03:49 AM
My modem for broadband is a usb Aztech Turbo DSL 100U. Is there anyway to connect to the internet using this? Knoppix 4 doesn't seem to detect the modem at all. I also have a usb Prolink WG2000 wireless adapter and can't get ot to be detected as well. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance. :wink:

Harry Kuhman
02-06-2006, 05:42 AM
My modem for broadband is a usb Aztech Turbo DSL 100U. Is there anyway to connect to the internet using this? Knoppix 4 doesn't seem to detect the modem at all. I also have a usb Prolink WG2000 wireless adapter and can't get ot to be detected as well. Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance. :wink:
If the modem doesn't have a built in router then there will be no DHCP and Knoppix will not be able to set things up automatically. See my generic answer #4 (http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/User:Harry_Kuhman). Knoppix does have PPPoE support that you could use if you don't use a router, but I'm a router advocate for many reasons.

I'm not clear what your wireless adapter would be connecting to if you don't have a router and there isn't one built into the modem. Please provide info. However, I would suggest getting a wired connection working first. Also, usb is the pits for ethernet networking, and wireless support in Knoppix is not great for many devices. Even with PCI or pcmcia devices it may be hard to find one that is supported natively, although there are some.