PDA

View Full Version : KDEBLUETOOTH blocking other software

Keithj
02-07-2006, 02:59 AM
My Knoppix-Debian server has on it a package called KDEBLUETOOTH. I don't know why it's there; I assume it came with the basic Knoppix installation. There is no Bluetooth device on the server, nor ever likely to be.

Recently, every attempt to update anything on the machine fails with error messages about KDEBLUETOOTH. The problem is, I can't remove it either. This is what I get:

Removing kdebluetooth ...
dpkg-divert: mismatch on divert-to
when removing `diversion of /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock to /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock_nobt by kdebluetooth'
found `diversion of /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock to /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock.orig by kdelock-knoppix'
dpkg: error processing kdebluetooth (--remove):
subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 2
Errors were encountered while processing:
kdebluetooth
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
RESULT=100

I've tried everything I can think of - including apt-get remove kdelock-knoppix, but that gives the same message that KDEBLUETOOTH needs something.

I don't want to have to wipe the machine and start again but it's soon going to be necessary. Even then, I can't use Knoppix because I fear I'll end up in the same place again.

HOW do I get rid of KDEBLUETOOTH?

UnderScore
02-07-2006, 04:53 PM
Have you looked to into using the command dpkg and one of its command line options "-f" to force it?

Keithj
02-07-2006, 10:54 PM
I've tried dpkg --remove kdebluetooth and get the same error-message as above. I've not found a dpkg --force command to remove software - I'm not a guru in this sort of stuff. Linux is a bit like secret code - I have a folder with useful tips, getting fatter all the time, but it's a bit like pushing snowballs uphill.

I've browsed deeply, and found lots of other folks with this same problem. None of those seems to have found a fix, either. None reports "I cracked it!.

Sounds like it's a "feature" to live with, or go back to WIndows 2000.

anderock
03-01-2006, 09:37 PM
I edited the file /var/lib/dpkg/info/kdebluetooth.postrm, commenting out the dpkg-divert lines (29 & 30). Seems to have done the trick.

nad
03-02-2006, 12:24 AM
"Sounds like it's a "feature" to live with, or go back to WIndows 2000."

How about trying one of the some hundred odd distros meant to be installed for desktop use:
http://shots.osdir.com/

ramaswamyps
03-15-2006, 05:21 PM
search for all bluetooth and comment with # in those lines.
i deleted the file itself for installing new softwares.
probably knoppix intented it to be used as is live cd.
once that lock is removed it will do but problems can come with unoptimised installation.

Jay13
03-28-2006, 11:02 AM
I managed to fix the very same pb:

apt-get remove kdelock-knoppix kdebluetooth

you mentioned having tried a similar command
but the trick is to re-enter this 3 times so that it stops at different stages
and eventually succeeds!

good luck,
Jay