PDA

View Full Version : wireless card not found

unlimitedz
02-09-2006, 02:40 AM
I'm using a Gateway 7510GX laptop running Windows XP with a built in wireless card/ethernet card

In the Device Manager in Windows XP shows the wireless card as Broadcom 802.11g Network Adapter and the ethernet card as Marvell Yukon PCI-Fast ethernet controller.

When I boot knoppix and run the ifconfig it says that there is no ethernet card detected

same thing with the wlanconfig

i'm a newbie to linux so please explain any commands that you might list.. thanks

MikeAA
02-17-2006, 01:35 PM
Try opening up KWiFiManager, => settings => configure. Enter in the information on network name, etc. Hit ACitvate and Autodetect, close this screen. Go to the K-Menu => Utilities => Terminal type in su - [unless you have a superuser password] then type in pump -i [nic-device, for example ath0], type exit and press Enter (return) your IP should show up in the KWiFiManager window and you should be connected.

foamrotreturns
02-21-2006, 08:12 AM
Nope. It's a Broadcom card. You'll need the windows drivers and you'll need to start up ndiswrapper to get it to work. See my thread about the HP ze4560us notebook. In it, I discuss in detail how to get Broadcom cards working in Linux using ndiswrapper.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16917