PDA

View Full Version : apt-get not working

linuxer
02-16-2006, 09:07 PM
Hello,
I have knoppix 3.6 installed. I tried installing kweather using apt-get but it didn't work. Now whenever I try to install something using apt-get install I get the following error--
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
You might want to run `apt-get -f install' to correct these:
The following packages have unmet dependencies:
kdelibs4: Depends: kdelibs-data (>= 4:3.3.0) but 4:3.2.3-4 is to be installed
E: Unmet dependencies. Try 'apt-get -f install' with no packages (or specify a solution).

On doing apt-get -f install as suggested I get the following --
(Reading database ... 115101 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace kdelibs-data 4:3.2.3-4 (using .../kdelibs-data_4%3a3.3.2-6.4_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement kdelibs-data ...
Replacing files in old package korganizer ...
Replacing files in old package kcontrol ...
dpkg: error processing /var/cache/apt/archives/kdelibs-data_4%3a3.3.2-6.4_all.deb (--unpack):
trying to overwrite `/usr/share/mimelnk/application/vnd.sun.xml.calc.template.desktop', which is also in package openoffice-de-en
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
Errors were encountered while processing:
/var/cache/apt/archives/kdelibs-data_4%3a3.3.2-6.4_all.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

How do I fix it please because I am not able to install anything using apt-get now.

Thanks.

chris-harry
02-17-2006, 06:27 AM
yes.. knoppix is a live cd... it isnt recomended to install it to hard drive... but you can still... see, if you use debian, its litually the same... :D:D

apt-get does F*** up (please excuse me french)...

this hasnt been really any help, but really telling you that your not the only one out there with this problem... also, instead of using apt-get, why dont you use wiki... its great, temporarily downloads and installs stuff...

linuxer
02-17-2006, 02:10 PM
HeHe, thanks for the reply. Last time this happened to me I had to reinstall Knoppix. I hope this doesn't happen with regular debian :). Also how can I install software using wiki? As far as I know, wiki is about collaborative content creation.