PDA

View Full Version : 24 bit soundblaster live?

dino195
02-17-2006, 04:25 AM
Hello,
I am running a HD install of knoppix 3.4 and it is not detecting my 24 bit soundblaster card. Does anyone know if this card is supported in 3.4? I am using the 2.6 kernel if that helps. I actually got stuck with this card because I wasn't paying attn when i ordered it for a friend's old Dell computer that I was upgrading. The card wasn't supported by the pentium 3 so I swapped it for the 16 bit soundblaster in my own computer. It works fine in windows but not in Knoppix. I would also like to ask if knoppix 4.0.2 would support this sound card as I am planning on upgrading soon.

chris-harry
02-17-2006, 06:24 AM
i was using 2.1 i think, with me old box... (which is sadly dead now *sob sob*), and it worked fine... :D but i think i had a different kernal... the 4.0.2 knoppix cd... should support it... because its more... beefy... if thats a word...

have fun...

dino195
02-17-2006, 09:01 PM
Thanks Chris, or would it be Harry? hehe kind of like Peter Chris, not sure which should come first. Anyway, I'll give er a try.

Just now noticed I was in Hdd install, meant to post this in hardware forum. Been looking for the darn post all morning :shock: