PDA

View Full Version : How can I set Kaffein as default player for asx and asf file

lctn
02-18-2006, 09:10 PM
I can open and play asx and asf files with Kaffein, but am not sure how to launch the player by clicking on a web link. I am always asked what application to open the file with, and am not sure where the Kaffein program is.

Raymond

Cuddles
02-19-2006, 09:03 AM
hmmmm....

chances are... if i know my debian structure correctly... you will find the kaffeine link, program, or the symlink, in the following location: /usr/sbin

it should, be, part of the command search path already - you can test this by openning a Konsole CLI, and just typing in kaffeine - the program will just start, telling you, you dont even need to worry about the path to it...

as for your associations to the file types you mentioned... try KControl, or the menu ---> Control Center -=- look for "File Associations" and link the file types you want to fire up kaffeine with, to kaffeine....

it should just be that simple... I have the same problem with certain files, simple text files that have no extension tend to fire up a "diff" program that tries to compare the differances of files, even though the file is a standard text file... changing associations is simple... and a very nice way to customize your Linux experiance... especially if you have Konq and say Mozilla for web browsers, chances are, Konq is the standard for html files, if, say, you want mozilla to be your browser for html, then change the link association in Control Center, for HTML files, to point to mozilla instead...

Hope this helps,
Ms. Cuddles