PDA

View Full Version : Getting full 3D support

insolit
02-21-2006, 10:45 PM
Hi!
I'm trying to develop a live-cd distribution able to support the different 3D acceleration by the main manufacturers, ie, ATI, NVIDIA and Intel.
Has there been anyone who has done something similar to this with success?
Any help would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Daniel Garrido

Harry Kuhman
02-21-2006, 11:18 PM
Take a look at the Games Knoppix DVD.

However, I don't believe the license agreements for ATI or Nvidia really allow such a disc for redistribution, so use at your own risk.

insolit
02-22-2006, 12:24 AM
I'm still not sure about being legal or not to redistribute freely a live-cd using 3D support by NVIDIA and ATI driver... I'll have to be sure of that meanwhile... Anyway there seems to be a nice alternative like the DRI project...
Anyway, could you please link me to that Games Knoppix DVD.

I would also like to post one more question concerning Knoppix remastering... I noticed in one of the knoppix's scripts that it does not fully copy the contents of the skell directory to home directory, but only {Desktop,.kde} using rsync. I have changed that to {*,.*} so that rsync copies the whole skel content, unfortunately and i'm not sure why, the whole /etc directory is also copied to the home directory. I have the feeling that it might be somehow related to following symlinks... Could anyone explain me what I did wrong?

Thanks in advance.

Harry Kuhman
02-22-2006, 12:35 AM
Anyway, could you please link me to that Games Knoppix DVD.
Follow the Get Knoppix link near the top of this page.

Click on the Knoppix Bittorrent Tracker link.

Download the torrent file for either GKDVD version (the EN one is English). Click on the proper DL link to do this.

Read the Downloading faq in the wiki if you have not used BitTorrent before.

insolit
02-22-2006, 01:05 AM
Thanks for your help :)