PDA

View Full Version : Mousing and wireless networking

Mororvia
02-22-2006, 02:46 AM
Hello,

I've recently downloaded and used Knoppix 3.8.2. It works really well on the family PC. On my PC however, there are difficulties. I have a Logitech MX700 wireless USB mouse that doesn't work. It scans for USB devices for a while it seems and then later on in the boot says it found a PS/2 wheel mouse. Using the forum search feature I found a couple of topics dealing with this particular mouse but no solutions for me. Someone did suggest typing:

modprobe -r usbmouse
modprobe hid

When I tried this it said something along the lines of "module not found" for the usbmouse line. Of course I can use another mouse and it will solve the problem, but I'm curious if a solution has been found for the MX700

I'm thinking I can solve the wireless networking problem using ndiswrapper. I can navigate menus fine with just a keyboard but I would rather fix the mouse first :)

Lastly, I don't know if this could be the root of the problem or not. Starting up Knoppix it gives an error:

ACPI BIOS missed cutoff

Because of this error I went and upgraded my BIOS (or so I thought!) and it still gives this error. I disabled BIOS protection and when I regularly boot it says the BIOS version is the newer one that I installed. Any ideas for why the BIOS cutoff error still occurs?

Thanks

Mororvia
02-22-2006, 11:28 PM
It turns out that the mouse that works on the family PC with Knoppix does not work with Knoppix on my PC.