PDA

View Full Version : Starting X

DavidTempler
05-07-2003, 02:46 PM
Hi There,
I am trying to load 3.1 on my box but X will not start I get an error not seeing my card.I have cirrus logic 5446 card and an AOC CM335 monitor.Can anybody help please?

aay
05-07-2003, 05:24 PM
Hi There,
I am trying to load 3.1 on my box but X will not start I get an error not seeing my card.I have cirrus logic 5446 card and an AOC CM335 monitor.Can anybody help please?

First thing - try updating to 3.2 it should have greater hardware compatibility. Post back if you are still having problems.

DavidTempler
05-07-2003, 07:26 PM
HI aay ,
I got this copy free with a magazine (too good to be true).I have tried different cheats but no luck.I wondered if there is a way to start X in a lowres mode...Was informed that my card was vesa vga but all I get is blurred screen....
Any ideas?

Thnks Dave ;-)

Stephen
05-07-2003, 09:17 PM
HI aay ,
I got this copy free with a magazine (too good to be true).I have tried different cheats but no luck.I wondered if there is a way to start X in a lowres mode...Was informed that my card was vesa vga but all I get is blurred screen....
Any ideas?

Thnks Dave ;-)

What cheat codes have you used? Have you tried knoppix xserver=XF86_SVGA xvrefresh=60 vga=normal maybe even screen=640x480 in there too.