PDA

View Full Version : cdrecord and ATAPI CD/DVD device problem

javiergp
02-22-2006, 07:44 PM
I have installed the last version of Knoppix on my PC without problems (aparently...). I have 2 hard disk as scsi (SATA) and my CD/DVD RW device is located in /dev/hda.

I'm trying to use cdrecord to burn my CD's but at the moment it is impossible. I'm trying to use the information that I found in the internet about modify the /etc/default/cdrecord file introducing the information about CDR_DEVICE=/dev/hda or as command cdrecord dev=/dev/hda -scanbus but always the system at this point seems blocked.

Someone can help me?

Thanks in advance

Javier

|enouf|
02-24-2006, 06:03 AM
Try K3b - it's wonderful and it uses cdrecord anyway (K3b is a "front-end" for it)

also may want to use this command;

/usr/bin/cdrecord.mmap -v gracetime=2 dev=1,0,0 speed=32 -dao driveropts=burnfree -eject -data /path/to/file/<filename>

javiergp
03-01-2006, 10:32 AM
The problem is that cdrecord not work then also for k3b!!!!
The CD/DVD unit is blocked after that I try to use it.

Javier

|enouf|
03-01-2006, 11:34 AM
The problem is that cdrecord not work then also for k3b!!!!
The CD/DVD unit is blocked after that I try to use it.

Javier
perhaps you need an entry in /etc/fstab like this;

$ sudo cat /etc/fstab

/dev/hdc /media/cdrom iso9660 rw,user,noauto 0 0

Note;
hda - 1st ATA/IDE device
hdb
hdc
hdd - 4th ATA/IDE device

To edit /etc/fstab - you'll use nano, or pico, or vim usually;
$ sudo nano /etc/fstab
move around using up/down arrows - make edits, save using CTRL-O -- press Enter when asked for filename ok - then CTRL-X to exit...(logout and then login - or reboot)

edited -- changed 'ro' to 'rw' (read only to read write)

maxIT
03-01-2006, 07:02 PM
I have a 3.4 install and 'cdrecord' work properly to me, without having modified nothing in whatsoever configs files. My /etc/default/cdrecord report CDR_DEVICE=yamaha while my device is a Waitec :!: , my fstab entry is '/dev/cdrom1 /cdrom1 iso9660 defaults,ro,user,noexec,noauto 0 0'.
To find my device address I'm used to run 'cdrecord -scanbus'.