PDA

View Full Version : HP printer installation

freshmeadow
02-25-2006, 12:36 AM
Hello everyone. I have been using Knoppix for over a month now and I love it.
I am having a problem, however with installing an HP Deskjet3820 printer. I follow the KDE printer configure wizard, pick the correct USB port and model and driver but nothing happens, even though Knoppix says test page sent to printer o.k. I have even tried different drivers and the Generic printer settings. The only thing that works is choosing Raw Printer - No Driver but it just prints gibberish!
Has anyone else solved this problem? Please help! :javascript:emoticon(':(')(

sandgroper
03-22-2006, 01:48 PM
I have the same problem with a hp laserjet 1000. It will not print a test page at all. I've tried all the usb ports, and spent nearly an hour trying to configue the printer to no avail. It would be beneficial if we can have some feedback. :(

maxIT
03-22-2006, 06:58 PM
.. even though Knoppix says test page sent to printer o.k.

I've had the same issue when the printer was turned on before the pc. Turning on the printer after linux was loaded solved me the problem :D

cvevans
07-11-2006, 10:03 PM
I finally discovered that I have to power cycle my HP Laserjet 1200 after boot is done
before it will print.
(Knop4, cupsenable, PS printer on /dev/usb/lp0)
The printer showed up on usbview before, but
dmesg does NOT have any entry for a printer until after the power cycle.

karsten
07-12-2006, 04:30 PM
I have the same problem as freashmeadow, but with my HP deskjet 5150. The printer was recogniszed as the usb-interface as 5150.
But there is an error message, that the driver was not found on the right place or there is not the right permission to install printers.
I have tested it as a user and as root.

robibob
07-16-2006, 08:56 PM
Hi freshmeadow

Did You try also the "ESP DeskJet Series" driver ?

I had the same problem with a "HP Laserjet 4L" and a "HP PSC750 Officejet" printer setup. I have chosen the "ESP... " drivers and since then the printers are working like a charm...

The reason why I don't know.