PDA

View Full Version : apt-get Problems while remastering

mben
02-26-2006, 07:37 PM
Hi,

I am a long time gentoo user, but fairly new to debian. I am trying to remaster knoppix to add some multimedia software (hopefully mythtv among others). I am starting with the current cd image (4.0.2) but I'm planning to burn it to a dvd (add software, without removing anything). I am using the HOWTO on the knoppix wiki. Anyway, I am having trouble with apt-get wanting to remove packages (all of kde in fact) and I can't seem to find a way to stop it. If I add kde to the list of packages to install with apt-get, it decides not to remove all but a few packages, which would be fine except that kdebluetooth is one of the packages it wants to remove, which can't be removed for some reason. I would prefer if I didn't have to remove any software, so I would appreciate it if someone could tell me how to accomplish that. Otherwise, the errors I get when apt-get tries to remove kdebluetooth are below, and If someone could tell me what I can do about it, I would also appreciate that. I was able to find that apt-get has an option to exit without removing software, but that doesn't help much.

Removing kdebluetooth ...
dpkg-divert: mismatch on divert-to
when removing `diversion of /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock to /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock_nobt by kdebluetooth'
found `diversion of /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock to /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock.orig by kdelock-knoppix'
dpkg: error processing kdebluetooth (--remove):
subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 2
Errors were encountered while processing:
kdebluetooth
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

If it affects anything, I am using my gentoo install as a host system while remastering, but I can't imagine why it would matter.

Thanks,
Ben

tr
02-27-2006, 09:51 PM
Removing kdebluetooth ...
dpkg-divert: mismatch on divert-to
when removing `diversion of /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock to /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock_nobt by kdebluetooth'
found `diversion of /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock to /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock.orig by kdelock-knoppix'
dpkg: error processing kdebluetooth (--remove):
subprocess post-removal script returned error exit status 2
Errors were encountered while processing:
kdebluetooth
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Ben

The thing to do is to remove diversion (dpkg-divert) from /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock to /usr/bin/kdesktop.orig. Do it like this:

-tapsa-

#rm /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock

# dpkg-divert --rename --remove /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock
Removing `diversion of /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock to /usr/bin/kdesktop_lock.orig by kdelock-knoppix'

mben
03-01-2006, 01:13 PM
Thanks for the tip,

It seems to have worked so far, but the server I was using for mythtv,etc packages is down at the moment so I haven't been able to completely put it to the test.