PDA

View Full Version : knoppix hangs during cardmgr configuration

mtylerb
02-27-2006, 03:02 PM
Ok, I found an old October 2004 topic that had something similar. The only work around I've found is to load knoppix nopcmcia at the boot command line. Problem with this is that the WLAN card is.. well... pcmcia. I'm on a Toshiba M60. It has built-in Intel 2915ABG, but the linux system doesn't recognize it. Anyway. If anyone knows of a solution to this predicament, I'm all ears! Thanks!

halw
07-14-2006, 06:59 AM
Did you ever get your situation resolved?

sven_m2k
08-08-2006, 08:56 AM
I had a similar problem on my Acer Aspire 1693WLMi (Pentium M 750, 1.8 GHz, 1 GB DDR2, ATI Mobility Radeon X700). Insert Knoppix 5.0.1 CD, boot, hangs during cardmgr config.
To boot Knoppix properly I had to deactivate ACPI with "knoppix acpi=off". Since the machine won't run X GUI I had also to add "xmodule=fbdev". What I read from forums is that the BIOS of Acers ACPI code is far away from standard ...

So I could run successfully with "knoppix acpi=off xmodule=fbdev"

Since the graphics card driver "radeon" caused my display to stay "black" I had manually to configure the xorg.conf, by first booting into init 2 "knoppix 2 acpi=off". The after changing xorg.conf I could continue with "init 5" and enjoy 1280x800 on the 15.4" display.

Further infos on my notebook I found on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LaptopTestingTeam/. Maybe interesting for you too.

Sven