PDA

View Full Version : FC4 & Gnome

crossmr
02-27-2006, 07:52 PM
Does klik work with this setup and if so how? I installed it via the

wget klik.atekon.de/client/install -O -|sh
command and it told me to restart firefox. I do so, and yet it still can't handle klik. Do I need to create any kind of symbolic link to a specific file like I do with some other things?

probono
03-01-2006, 12:50 PM
Please start Firefox, close it again.
Install the klik client.
Open Firefox again.
Does it work?

If not, you can set it up manually:

In your address bar type "about:config" and press Enter.
Right-click anywhere in the browser portion of the Firefox window and select "New->String".
Type the preference name as "network.protocol-handler.app.klik" and press Enter.
For the string value enter "~/.klik" and press Enter. This will have completed entering the handler for klik:// URLs.
Again right-click in the window and this time select New->Boolean.
Type the preference name as "network.protocol-handler.warn-external.klik" and press Enter.
Type the value as "true" and press Enter. This will make the browser prompt you before launching klik. If you don't want the browser to warn you then select "false" for this value.

(Taken from http://klik.atekon.de/wiki/index.php/User%27s_FAQ)

crossmr
03-01-2006, 04:14 PM
Thanks. I actually got it working late yesterday with a similar method. I had restarted the machine and nada, so I installed it again, restarted firefox then it came up. Seems to be working okay. Are klik packages distribution dependent or anything? I tried to install dosbox last night (and it gave me alist of things it was going to download, which all seemed like debian packages) but I thought I'd give it a go anyway, and it ended up failing after downloading the files.