PDA

View Full Version : Building a Knoppix CD

bassplayinninja
03-01-2006, 01:10 AM
So,

I downloaded KNoppix, and extraceted it (on win xp), so that I could burn the disc, and use knoppix to rescue some data off another comp.

I popped the disc in, and made sure that it was set to boot from cd first.
it still booted into the OS, that is full of problems.

So i burnt the zipped/compressed image to the disc thinking thats how it was supposed to be, and that gave the same result.

So my question is: How do I arrange Knoppix so that I can burn it, and then use it?

I tried the FAQ, and couldn't find anything there. Any help would be appreciated.

Harry Kuhman
03-01-2006, 01:57 AM
So, I downloaded KNoppix, and extraceted it (..... that is full of problems.

So i burnt the zipped/compressed image to the disc thinking thats how it was supposed to be, and that gave the same result.

So my question is: How do I arrange Knoppix so that I can burn it, and then use it?

I tried the FAQ, and couldn't find anything there. Any help would be appreciated.
No extracting involved. What FAQ is "The FAQ" that you refer to? f you folling the information clearly given in the FAQ referecced in my generic Answer #1 (http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/User:Harry_Kuhman) you will have all of the information needed.

bassplayinninja
03-01-2006, 02:39 AM
Nope that wasn't the FAQ that I had seen. the FAQ that I had seen was from the site that I downloaded Knoppix from.

I believe that the site that I downloaded from was www.linuxman.co.au . I know that it was linuxman, and that it was an Australian site, but that's about all I remember. (it was the only site that I could get through to from behind the campus firewall.)

and gracias for pointing me in the right direction.