PDA

View Full Version : gridwars

taumel
03-14-2006, 01:19 PM
Hi,

today i've uploaded the linux-version of my gridwars version - url: http://gridwars.marune.de
Is it running on knoppix?

Greetings,

taumel

dvryknopper
03-15-2006, 12:08 AM
I'm having trouble getting it to run on kanotix (should be similar enough), I'd be more than happy to give you some feedback on any installation steps that are required, I just unpacked the file and tried to run the executable in the folder but all I got was a black screen that seemed to crash kde. It would probably be a safe bet that would be due to my low level of knowledge in installing linux applications and not necessarily a compatibility conflict. So if more than unpacking the file is required which I am almost certain there is please tell me what to do, and I'll let you know how it runs on my machine :)

taumel
03-15-2006, 07:27 AM
Hi,

well beside of that you'll need a openGL1.1 capable graphic card and hardware accelerated drivers for it. Beside of that it should mainly be just about unpacking. I have feedback that it runs o ubuntu but i would like to know on which distributions problems are showing up. Do you know a linux-forum where the games sector is a bit more active?

Greetings,

taumel

taumel
03-16-2006, 06:32 PM
Hi,

if you've experienced any problems with your mouse then this issue has been fixed.

Greetings,

taumel

dudemeister
03-26-2006, 09:16 PM
X Error of failed request: BadValue (integer parameter out of range for operation)
Major opcode of failed request: 78 (X_CreateColormap)
Value in failed request: 0x13f
Serial number of failed request: 21
Current serial number in output stream: 23

not really knoppix but still a problem :)

cless-mint
06-03-2006, 04:25 AM
When I try to run it in Knoppix 5.0.1 Live CD. the screen goes back then comes back to knoppix. The windows version works just fine on this pc with XP Pro.