PDA

View Full Version : How do I do an ISO boot with Knoppix 5?

MikeCampo
03-17-2006, 05:13 AM
I have been booting the Knoppix 4.0.2 iso from my hard drive with no problems. I followed the wiki guide on this site, and that's where I got the necessary files. I tried swapping the old ISO with the new Knoppix 5 and when I tried to boot it with Grub I get quite a lot of errors about missing the file modules.dep. It eventually boots to the desktop, but I have no mouse support. Do I have to wait for a new set of files that are needed to boot this new version? Or is there any way I can get this to work with what I have?

Thanks.

ruymbeke
03-17-2006, 10:20 AM
I have been booting the Knoppix 4.0.2 iso from my hard drive with no problems. I followed the wiki guide on this site, and that's where I got the necessary files. I tried swapping the old ISO with the new Knoppix 5 and when I tried to boot it with Grub I get quite a lot of errors about missing the file modules.dep. It eventually boots to the desktop, but I have no mouse support. Do I have to wait for a new set of files that are needed to boot this new version? Or is there any way I can get this to work with what I have?
Thanks.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=101293#101293

MikeCampo
03-17-2006, 05:23 PM
I tried using that file yesterday but it gave me a crap load of errors and it booted into a limited shell. I'll look at my configurations again, maybe I just messed something up.

ruymbeke
03-17-2006, 06:19 PM
I tried using that file yesterday but it gave me a crap load of errors and it booted into a limited shell. I'll look at my configurations again, maybe I just messed something up.
Please check that you use the kernel 2.6.15 ("linux" file 1'607'265 bytes long)
which is included in the Knoppix 5.0 iso /boot/isolinux directory.
Cheers, Gilles
PS: I have now included in my previous link a zip file with the kernel and a menu.lst sample.

MikeCampo
03-18-2006, 05:42 PM
Thanks for the files, I got it working now :)