PDA

View Full Version : Uncompressed format CD

brainlessdumb
05-08-2003, 01:19 PM
Dear all,
I am customizing Knoppix and have reduced the file size to 640MB. Now I want to burn the CD without using the compression technique. Mainly because, I have a PI machine w/32MB RAM which takes a long time to start the WM.

Can anyone can tell me what command should I use so as not to use the Knoppix compression technique for CD?

Thanks.
-Regards Anurag

eadz
05-08-2003, 01:52 PM
you will have to modify the bootup sequence to use LOOPBACK instead of CLOOP. And when making the compressed iso file, you would leave out the make_compressed_fs part.

brainlessdumb
05-09-2003, 08:16 AM
Hello,
Can you be a bit more verbose wrt cloop and loopback part? How exactly can I change the boot sequence?

I have searched the forum but have not been able to learn more.

About not using the compression, I hope you meant the command, create_compressed_fs and not make_compressed_fs .

Awaiting reply.

-Regards Anurag

eadz
05-09-2003, 10:19 AM
No, there will not be much info here. AFAIK, no-one has made a non-comressed knoppix, so you're on you're own with that one. And yes, i meant create_compressed_fs.

As for changing the boot sequence, you'll have to change the scripts in miniroot ( inside boot img ) to mount your knoppix iso with loopback not cloop.