PDA

View Full Version : ClusterKnoppix ver 3.6....help me!!!

imiziq
03-22-2006, 04:38 AM
Can anyone give some advice to a cluster nubie with very little experiance in Linux environment? i have looked for instructions on how to setup a simple cluster..... 3 pc's.So far even the documentation on ClusterKnoppix website have not been helping me..

Boothing from the CD:

1. I boot the first pc on my laptop, run the Start KNOPPIX Openmosix Terminal Server.

2. Go through the setup, and start the server.

3. Boot the second and third also from the CD.It boots well without any problem.

4. Once all have been up, i tried to network all the pc using DLink 5 port switch.For each pc,static ip were given and the rest of the configuration as default value

5. Open Openmosixview to only find one pc in the display window? It only shows the local machine not the other pc.Ive tried to check my network by trying to ping from master node to the rest.Every time i execute the ping command,it is unsucessfull.

6. What am I missing?So far it has been very frustrating for me

:oops:

k420
07-14-2006, 03:17 AM
I beleive you shouldnt boot up the nodes with the clusterknoppix cd. Once the server has been started you should be able to boot using pxe with boot from network first enabled in your bios