PDA

View Full Version : cheat code

srbanator
03-25-2006, 10:49 AM
hi all i just found out that i can use in my cheatcode this

psmouse.proto=imps

this helps to stop mouse beeing crazy when using KVM controler to switch between computers. Normaly i have it in grub.

I would also ask for some:

1) i still did not found any way how to import my long cheat code? will this be in the next version, maytbe i should write to creators :o)

2) when i boot from cd and i have my hdd indide where hda1 is ext3 and hda2 is swap, knoppix uses the hda2 for his own swap so i am not able to format it then ( the cheatcode noswap did not help me in this case)

3) when i am using bootfrom=/dev/hda2/4_0_2dvd.iso then the hda2 is write protected and i have no way to write some file on it. It makes sence, but is there a way how to remount it to rw ?

thankx and have a nice day

joeduck
05-07-2006, 09:30 PM
3# i dont think its possible reallly i got the same problem as well

malaire
05-08-2006, 11:42 AM
2) when i boot from cd and i have my hdd indide where hda1 is ext3 and hda2 is swap, knoppix uses the hda2 for his own swap so i am not able to format it then ( the cheatcode noswap did not help me in this case)

You can use "sudo swapoff -a" from console to stop using swap. After that you can format it.

3) when i am using bootfrom=/dev/hda2/4_0_2dvd.iso then the hda2 is write protected and i have no way to write some file on it. It makes sence, but is there a way how to remount it to rw ?

Right-click "Hard Disk [hdb2]" icon on Desktop and select Actions->"Change read/write mode".
You can also use "sudo mount -o remount,rw /dev/hdb2" from console to remount it to rw.