PDA

View Full Version : boot up only gets to HWSETUP

TrevorC
03-25-2006, 07:42 PM
hey, i have successfully botted up knoppix 4.0 twice now, both were booted in german. now, for some reason, i simply cant boot at all. i found if i entered the 'nopcmcia' code then it worked for those two times. but now that wont even work. any suggestions?

TrevorC
03-25-2006, 11:12 PM
nobody knows how to help me? no ones ever had this problem before?

plz, i really want to use Knoppix and not switch to another distro

Harry Kuhman
03-25-2006, 11:23 PM
nobody knows how to help me? no ones ever had this problem before?

plz, i really want to use Knoppix and not switch to another distro
If it worked before it should still work now. The only exception I know to this happened after installing an XP "security update", that apparently screwed with my NIC eeprom so that I could no longer run Knoppix on it. It could well be that you had a high speed marginal burn and that you were lucky to get it to boot at all, if you did not burn the CD at a slow speed I would suggest burning another copy, and burning it as slowly as you can. You mention the CD booting in German, but did not make it clear if that is what you want or if it is something that you want to avoid. For 4.0.2 there are both versions that default to English and German (and cheat codes that you can use to change the default). For 4.0, the version that was handed out at TAG last year, there is only the German default version, but it seems more likely that you downloaded 4.0.2 and just got sloppy about the name. If you downloaded 4.0.2 and did not want German then you downloaded the wrong one.