PDA

View Full Version : DVD2HD knoppix 5.0 lilo install

elconfa
03-27-2006, 10:46 AM
good morning.
I'm trying to installa the last knoppix 5.0 dvd to HDD, all work fine, but the installer do not install the boot loader. I ask to install bootloader not in MBR, but in boot partition (the last partition hda9).
I tried to install grub, but I'm not able to create the grub file configuration.
How I cat boot in my knoppix hdd installation?
Thanks for help

elconfa
03-29-2006, 10:30 AM
Hi, there is nobody tha help me? at the end of installation I have this error:

/usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons: line 117: cannot create temp file for here document: Keine Berechtigung
/usr/bin/mkdesktophdicons: line 117: cannot create temp file for here document: Keine Berechtigung
Can't open /mnt/hdinstall/home/massimo/.mozilla/default/*/prefs.js: No such file or directory.
Can't open /mnt/hdinstall/sbin/hotplug-knoppix: No such file or directory.
L'esecuzione di /usr/share/menu/cdd-menu non ha generato output oppure ha restituito un errore.
mkext2fs:
Warning: A debian kernel was found, so mkcramfs will be called.
Use -f to avoid this. You can change parameters and programs
in /etc/mkinitrd/mkinitrd.conf
Warning: '/proc/partitions' does not match '/dev' directory structure.
Name change: '/dev/cloop0' -> '/dev/cloop'
Warning: Unable to determine video adapter in use in the present system.
Fatal: open /usr/share/lilo/contrib/debian.bmp: No such file or directory

And no lilo was installed. Does it is possible to install lilo or grub manually? How is it possible?

Please help me