PDA

View Full Version : Black screen

cassiosteel
03-30-2006, 03:11 PM
Hi, I downloaded the latest live cd version on knoppix, the 4.0.2; I use it on my home pc and it works very well; but when i use it on my notebook it first loads, but after a few times, the screen becomes black, and the pc doesn't works anymore, untill I restart it. Why does it work so? what is the matter? Someone told me that maybe the distro doesn't have the drivers for my graphic card; it's an ATI Mobility Radeon X700...
I don't really know what to do...maybe should I try to use the dvd version?Please help me...

Harry Kuhman
03-30-2006, 07:37 PM
DVD and CD will have exactly the same drivers.

I don't know the exact fix, you likely will need to use sometghing listed in the cheat codes. This has likely been discussed in these forums before, have you tried using the search feature? And the CD does not include the official 3D drivers for your card, my understanding is that the ATI license des not meet the freely redistributable license requirements for Knoppix.

cassiosteel
03-30-2006, 10:13 PM
I tried the Mandrake live distro and it works very well; instead the suse live distro stops on the pmcia check... :(