PDA

View Full Version : Sound driver for 4.0.2

ferretboy
04-04-2006, 03:34 PM
I have a hp a730n with 1gb and 3.00 intel 4. I have a ati raedon 9800 graphics card. When I go to cnet.com I have zero sound. I'm using 4.0.2 knoppix with the disk(not downloaded to harddrive).

ferretboy
04-06-2006, 01:01 PM
what the heck! How come the apple and xp people are so helpful and the linux guys are so not helpful. Your would think that they would try to convert everyone they could by helping people. To smart for their own good. I did a search and it was not helpful. bye.

WaKa
04-08-2006, 10:14 PM
use alsaconf in su
choose Intel AC-97 sound card driver
follow instructions
configure alsamixer and/or kmix
now all your aps will work including macromedia flash
btw this(tips & tricks) is not the correct place to post.

addendum:
You might consider partitioning some space on your HDD for swap and persistant configuration to save.

hope this helps

ferretboy
04-08-2006, 11:44 PM
Thanks. I will try again. it took me a week(off and on)to get the video drivers all set up. then, I get the blue screen of death last night. So after I get everything set I will try again.

Harry Kuhman
04-09-2006, 12:30 AM
what the heck! How come the apple and xp people are so helpful and the linux guys are so not helpful. Your would think that they would try to convert everyone they could by helping people. To smart for their own good. I did a search and it was not helpful. bye.
In addition to this rude post that will give me pause before ever helping you, you also chose to also post this thread in "tips and tricks", a forum that states Add your Knoppix Tips and Tricks here. It is not intended for questions and not frequented by people who are here to help answer questions. And you didn't really even ask a question (note the lack of question marks and other grammer that would indicate that you are asking anything). So go ahead and put us down, don't accept any responsibility yourself.

ferretboy
04-09-2006, 01:37 AM
I DID NOT POST IN THIS PLACE IT WAS MOVED. THE ONLY PLACES I HAVE EVERY POSTED WERE NEW TO LINUX AND SUPPORT.

Harry Kuhman
04-09-2006, 02:00 AM
I DID NOT POST IN THIS PLACE IT WAS MOVED. THE ONLY PLACES I HAVE EVERY POSTED WERE NEW TO LINUX AND SUPPORT.
Ok, if you say so. But we have not had other problems of such a thing happening. If another moderator did move it maybe it was because he didn't see a question and thought that you were offering information and not asking anything. And, of course, you have changed the original message, so no one but you can know what was said before the post was moved. Strange that you didn't question why it was moved until this was pointed out though.