PDA

View Full Version : knoppix 3.2 wont run

earsh0t
05-09-2003, 10:44 PM
ok im new i just got knoppix today and i run it and it gets to the screen where u press enter and i press it it runs threw all the testing stuff and then it my monitor shuts off but my tower is on

my specs are

350mhz p2
192mb ram
10gig hd

and plz help me out i dono what to do

BTW i have the german version and im dling the english one and i got it to go when i typed in the FAILSAFE thign and it worked onyl it was in german so i couldnt read it

RockMumbles
05-10-2003, 12:25 AM
what kind of video card do you have?

maybe try:

knoppix vga=normal xmodule=vesa

and see if it boots.

rock

earsh0t
05-10-2003, 01:54 AM
i have a radeon 32mb sdr in this comp and i got it to work im on knoppix right now im typeing this init i used failsafe and it worked (once i got the english version) so thanks neway

Henk Poley
05-10-2003, 11:10 AM
i have a radeon 32mb sdr in this comp and i got it to work im on knoppix right now im typeing this init i used failsafe and it worked (once i got the english version) so thanks neway
radeon users should type knoppix xmodule=radeon...

mrmdls
05-10-2003, 11:41 AM
One thing you might want to look at, is to disable pnp in the bios. On one of my old boxes I had the same problem until I disabled the pnp.

Hope that helps,
Dave S.

Stephen
05-10-2003, 06:02 PM
ok im new i just got knoppix today and i run it and it gets to the screen where u press enter and i press it it runs threw all the testing stuff and then it my monitor shuts off but my tower is on

Try knoppix noddc to stop auto detection of monitor it causes problems with some.