PDA

View Full Version : System will identify but not mount FD's or access the

Capt. Cautious
04-17-2006, 04:53 PM
Good Day Folks,
I have what may be a problem some of you may have had and solved. I have checked several lists, but no luck so far. The wiki gave me a few things to try but no luck.
I have two 64MB Trek-stor flashdrives. For some unknown reason they stopped functioning after I had sucessfuly been using them on three different systems. One had XP-Pro, one had SuSE Linux 8.2 and the other was my laptop with Winblow$ Xp home ( I've since converted it to Pro).
Here's the problem: Windows will neither see nor identify them: Knoppix & Kanotix both will see to identify them but will not mount or access them. QParted see's them but will not let me do anything with them. I get ID numbers from the lsusb cmd. but I can't seem to find any way to mount them and neither will show up on the desktop in either distro. I'll put the output of that at the end of this posting.
What I want to do is to format them with ext2 and use them for Linux only. I contacted the company about a year ago and when I explained the problem the tech said you will have to send them back for us to fix and it will cost you $37.50/per. unit plus shipping. I explained that while having the data back would be nice it was not essential. I was told that price didn't include data, just function and if I wanted the data it would cost $75.00 apiece. I refuse to pay it if I can learn to take care of it myself. As I said, Functioning first, data 2nd.

#lsusb
Bus 003 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 003 Device 002: ID 03f0:1017 Hewelett-Packard
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 0a16:1111 Trek Techology (S) PTE, Ltd
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 0a16:1111 Trek Techology (S) PTE, Ltd
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000

Your help will be very much appreciated.

I Remain ~ In Service & In Health,
Captain Cautious